Main's Profession: Elementalist
Main's Race: Asura
Teamspeak Username: Gjeep/Mess
Twitch.tv: gjeep
Youtube: hbeucom

Diablo III

12 Apr 2012, 19:55

Official web page: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/games/d3/index.html

Evil is in its Prime. Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now, you must return to where it all began – the town of Tristram – and investigate rumors of a fallen star, for this is the first sign of evil’s rebirth, and an omen that the End Times have begun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_EK9rkS-g

Diablo III is being released May 15.

Diablo III has been added to HB's Game database.

Click here Image If you own the game.
You can add/remove and show games as actively being played in you're profile as usual.
Chinese food to go, $16.89,
Gas to drive and pick it up, $1.68,
Getting home and realizing they forgot one of the boxes..
Riceless.

Im gonna buy a Batman suit and hang it in my closet, just to duck with myself if I get alzheimers.

I'm home, take me drunk...

Gjeep
I swear to drunk, officer. I'm not God.
First name: Kim
Main's Name: Gjeep

Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

20 Apr 2012, 19:34

Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game's release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!
From Friday, April 20 at 21:01 CEST, until Monday, April 23 at 19:00 CEST you'll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

FAQ

What steps do I need to take?

I don't have a Battle.net account — can I still play?
Absolutely! Just visit http://www.battle.net to create a free Battle.net account. Next, download the client from https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml and install it. Create your BattleTag, and then log in to the game using your Battle.net account name (email address) and password to begin slaughtering the demonic hellspawn that dare stand in your way.

Are there any differences for stress test participants versus invited closed beta testers?
Stress test participants will only be able to access the beta between Friday, April 20 at 21:01 CEST, and Monday, April 23 at 19:00 CEST In addition, stress test participants will not have access to post in the beta forums and will not be provided Beta Bucks for use in testing the currency-based auction house.

Can all regions/countries participate?
Due to regional differences and features of the stress test client, Korean players will not be able to partake in the stress test weekend. However, beginning the week of April 23, we will be conducting separate, invitation-only closed beta test that will give players in Korea a chance to try out the game, along with players in the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

What if the service is down/laggy/disconnecting me?
It's very possible that players connecting to the stress test could experience issues with the service. While not ideal, this is exactly why we're having a stress test. We want to catch and analyze as many bugs as possible during this stress test period, so that we can try to ensure a smooth launch on May 15.

I'm having an issue, how can I get help?
Due to the limited window of the stress test we encourage you to visit the Technical Support forum if you're having any issues running the game, and checking the Known Issues list if you're running into a bug. As a stress test participant you will not be able to post in the beta forums.

What platforms and languages do you support?
For the stress test we're offering the client in English, French, and German for both Windows and Mac. At release the game will be fully localized into English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Polish, Korean, and Traditional Chinese for Windows, and English, French, and German for Mac.

I'm an invited closed beta tester, what happens after the stress test weekend ends?
As an invited closed beta tester you'll continue to have access until the beta ends on May 1.
Riceless.

Im gonna buy a Batman suit and hang it in my closet, just to duck with myself if I get alzheimers.

Honza
Website team
Website team
Main's Name:
Main's Profession: -
Main's Race: -
Teamspeak Username: Honza (Jan)

Re: Diablo 3

20 Apr 2012, 20:24

Warning for those who have limited traffic and/or are not allowed to use torrent... Blizzard uses and runs torrent client for their beta software on background without bothering to inform you about it.

Gjeep

20 Apr 2012, 22:49

Honza wrote:
Warning for those who have limited traffic and/or are not allowed to use torrent... Blizzard uses and runs torrent client for their beta software on background without bothering to inform you about it.

They use torrent for everything, and have done so since for ever. And the information is on the launcher.
Riceless.

Honza
Website team
Website team
Main's Name:

21 Apr 2012, 06:32

Yep, though before that launcher first starts it already runs it while you have "Setup is updating..."

Honza
Website team
Website team
Main's Name:

21 Apr 2012, 11:00

So... what am I missing here? I am lvl 13 already and the game is like simplified Diablo 2 (you have no choice of skills you expand nor char stats) with more modern graphics... but nothing spectacular... company of Blizzard size should have game like this done in half year, maybe even less. I guess there is A LOT of features not included in this beta.

Spiritraiser
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Konstantinos
Main's Name: Spiritraiser
Main's Profession: Guardian
Main's Race: Norn
Teamspeak Username: Spiritraiser

21 Apr 2012, 11:09

Looks good but yeah there is some limit on what you can do.
Anyone wanna try something similar but with more options (and smaller companies so not so shiny graphics) take a a look at www.pathofexile.com
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either." Benjamin Franklin

Gjeep

21 Apr 2012, 13:20

I haven't been able to play yet because of server errors. :(
Riceless.

Honza
Website team
Website team
Main's Name:

21 Apr 2012, 14:19

Gjeep wrote:
I haven't been able to play yet because of server errors. :(

That's weird, I can log in/out whenever I want (checked right now)... If you get error 37, just try a few times, it will let you in after few tries.

Gjeep

21 Apr 2012, 14:48

Iwe tried like 20 times already. :P
Riceless.

Spiritraiser
Community Member
Community Member

21 Apr 2012, 21:18

I am Spiritraiser#2355 btw.

Played some, seems good but not great. If it was some small company with limited budget it would be great but for the size of Blizzard and as a followup to Diablo series... it seems to be worse than it should have been...

Edit: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... 172?page=1 looks interesting to make game bit darker!
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either." Benjamin Franklin

Honza
Website team
Website team
Main's Name:

21 Apr 2012, 22:48

Spiritraiser wrote:
I am Spiritraiser#2355 btw.

Played some, seems good but not great. If it was some small company with limited budget it would be great but for the size of Blizzard and as a followup to Diablo series... it seems to be worse than it should have been...

Edit: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... 172?page=1 looks interesting to make game bit darker!

<< Honza#2386

Spiritraiser
Community Member
Community Member

22 Apr 2012, 10:02

I have seen some people saying that people were actually using 2-3 skills in Diablo 2 and so it isn't that bad in Diablo 3 with less options. They may actually be right... :)

Gjeep

22 Apr 2012, 16:21

Spiritraiser wrote:

Agreed. Very nice gfx and all. But I'm not overly impressed.

Im Gjeep#2601 btw
Riceless.

Spiritraiser
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Diablo III

22 Apr 2012, 21:53

May wait and buy it later on with a better price, it is very expensive as well!