Community Member
First name: Konstantinos
Main's Name: Spiritraiser
Main's Profession: Guardian
Main's Race: Norn
Teamspeak Username: Spiritraiser

Path of Exile

30 Mar 2012, 09:47

Online RPG similar to Diablo. It's still under construction but it has free public weekend. Go make an account and download so you can try it! :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either." Benjamin Franklin

Serious
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
Main's Name:
Main's Profession: -
Main's Race: -
Teamspeak Username: bruha

Re: Path of Exile

21 Oct 2013, 09:33

they are going live in 2 days..anyone considering playing it?

Odies
First name: Lars
Main's Name: Llws
Main's Profession: Mesmer
Main's Race: Human
Teamspeak Username: Llws

Re: Path of Exile

21 Oct 2013, 17:26

I've played quite a bit of it, people compare it to D2, but I feel it's more akin to D1. The mechanics and animations are a bit clunky, but it's a lot of fun once you get used to it. There is quite a lot of diversity at the low levels (the ability grid is huuuuge and quite daunting the first time you see it), which is awesome, but once you get 70+ and start doing maps, the choice of possible specs narrows down quite a bit in order to be viable.

The real selling point to me, is the "races"/challenges aspect.

It's basically a fixed timeframe (1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours etc.) race with specific modifications to make it different than the main game with leaderboards.

For instance you could have a "Bloodmagic turbo 3 hour race" which means that you don't have mana, but all skills take some of your life instead, and the monsters are 25% faster and the ranged mobs shoot 3x the normal amount of projectiles.

Some of them are too much of a time commitment for me (24 hour, 1 week etc.) but it can really be a lot of fun.