Competitive Online Gaming Community

Moderators: Founders, Inner Circle

Are you going to play ESO?

Yes - I am currently playing GW2 and I plan on moving to ESO at release, even if HB stays in GW2
1 (2%)
Yes - I am currently not active in GW2 and plan on moving to ESO at release, even if HB stays in GW2
4 (8%)
Yes - I am currently playing GW2, but I am only moving to ESO if HB goes official in ESO instead
23 (44%)
Yes - I am currently not playing GW2, but I will only play ESO if HB goes official in ESO
1 (2%)
No - I am currently playing GW2 and I dont have any plans on changing that, even if HB changes to ESO
13 (25%)
No - I am currently not playing GW2 and I dont have any plans on starting ESO
1 (2%)
Maybe - I am still undecided
9 (17%)

Total votes: 52

Smokee
The Seal Clubber
The Seal Clubber
First name: Rene
Main's Name: Smokee Gee
Main's Profession: Guardian
Main's Race: Norn
Teamspeak Username: Smokee

ESO - Are you going to play it?

13 Feb 2014, 15:00

Please take part in the vote so we can get a clear picture of our members thoughts about this game.

Poll is without an end date. Everyone is allowed one vote and you are able to change your vote if you change your mind.
Gjeep wrote:
I failed.

HB Video playlist on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... LtiCkygRtC

nirvii
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Taj
Main's Name: Nirvii
Main's Profession: Elementalist
Teamspeak Username: Nirvii

Re: ESO - Are you going to play it?

13 Feb 2014, 15:08

i tried eso beta and it is not worth really.
it was like skyrim downgraded mmorpg. very cluncky combat system and no interact between players at all. i doubt itll improve especially combat system

Skugg
GW2 Sr. Member
GW2 Sr. Member
First name: Andras
Main's Name: | Skugg |
Main's Race: Charr
Teamspeak Username: Skugg

13 Feb 2014, 15:55

voted, but not gonna name my option so I won't influence anyone.

I can see some future issues with this set-up, though:
to give an example, I think quite a few of our members will only play ESO if HB moves there officially and quits GW2 (officially), but then again we can only go official in ESO if we know that a large percent of our community wants to play the game and will come with us.
I can also see people join us only if a certain player (Smokee) will play it, etc.

I'd say, let's set an end date, like somewhere in march, 16th for example.
We'd close the poll at 16th 24h and have a guild meeting on the next week to discuss the results and the next steps.

Vanguard
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Jake
Main's Name: Graphicardo
Main's Profession: Mesmer
Main's Race: Human
Teamspeak Username: Vanguard/Graphicardo

13 Feb 2014, 16:36

Voted option 3, thats based on not playing it though.. dunno what ill do if I don't personally like the game, chances are though if the majority are playing and enjoying it I am likely to enjoy it too.

Gjeep
I swear to drunk, officer. I'm not God.
First name: Kim
Main's Name: Gjeep
Main's Race: Asura
Teamspeak Username: Gjeep/Mess
Twitch.tv: gjeep
Youtube: hbeucom

13 Feb 2014, 16:37

I'm inactive in GW2 and don't plan to dedicate much time to ESO. Imo, its not looking as great as advertised.
I'm gonna get it for PS4, and it will probably keep me entertained for a while. But nothing like GW2, WH or any of our other games.

Also the talk about what you can buy for real life money through "micro"transactions got me concerned.

That said we will have a HB section in ESO if one of our current or past Officers steps up and accept the challenge (With the support of the IC).
But it will be hard if there is no backup from HBs' core member base.
Chinese food to go, $16.89,
Gas to drive and pick it up, $1.68,
Getting home and realizing they forgot one of the boxes..
Riceless.

Im gonna buy a Batman suit and hang it in my closet, just to duck with myself if I get alzheimers.

I'm home, take me drunk...

bushi
GW2 Member
GW2 Member
First name: jeff
Main's Name: Mordred the Red
Main's Profession: Warrior
Teamspeak Username: bushi

13 Feb 2014, 17:31

ESO is going live in 2 months? Unless you're into masochism, I'd avoid launch.

Hex
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Jimmy
Main's Name: Carl The Reaver
Teamspeak Username: Dramah

13 Feb 2014, 18:27

Imo this game does not bring enough new to the table. It isn't that bad really, it's quite decent single player pve-wise but I would not do pvp or rvr in this game. Sluggish control, very few buttons to push, generic classes etc. etc.

It would probably keep you entertained a bit as you solo pve. But how this could be interesting in a large scale raid setting I fail to see. :)

I'm putting my money on Wildstar atm (stress test starting tomorrow will give a better picture of potential) until camelot enters the scene.
Carl the Reaver

linqey
First name: mark
Main's Name: linqey
Main's Race: Sylvari
Teamspeak Username: linqey

13 Feb 2014, 19:03

Gjeep wrote:
I'm inactive in GW2 and don't plan to dedicate much time to ESO. Imo, its not looking as great as advertised.
I'm gonna get it for PS4, and it will probably keep me entertained for a while. But nothing like GW2, WH or any of our other games.

Also the talk about what you can buy for real life money through "micro"transactions got me concerned.

That said we will have a HB section in ESO if one of our current or past Officers steps up and accept the challenge (With the support of the IC).

can u provide some link, i would like to get more info about those micro transactions".... couse it may change my approch to eso. iam probably the only one that picked option 1 ^_^. monthy subscripption+ micro trazactions is just greedy. Looks like zenimax just want to make as much money from product (which isnt even their own idea, general elder scrolls saga) with no intention of balancing, fixing, adding stuff and just going to meake it f2p few months later. cant wait link, thanks in advance

Marzight
First name: Dan
Main's Name: Marzright
Main's Race: Human
Teamspeak Username: Marzright

13 Feb 2014, 21:50

I thought some of the clunky feel might be good in large scale battles, when one would be limited by the concern of friendly fire. Perhaps abit forced cause I was soloing, still very low lvl tho.
Perhaps give it a try for a month and still partake in calendar events in GW2

Gjeep
First name: Kim
Main's Name: Gjeep
Main's Race: Asura
Teamspeak Username: Gjeep/Mess
Twitch.tv: gjeep
Youtube: hbeucom

14 Feb 2014, 09:22

linqey wrote:
Gjeep wrote:

can u provide some link, i would like to get more info about those micro transactions".... couse it may change my approch to eso. iam probably the only one that picked option 1 ^_^. monthy subscripption+ micro trazactions is just greedy. Looks like zenimax just want to make as much money from product (which isnt even their own idea, general elder scrolls saga) with no intention of balancing, fixing, adding stuff and just going to meake it f2p few months later. cant wait link, thanks in advance

There will be "micro"transactions and monthly fee. http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.co ... nsactions/

TotalBiscuits also discussed it on his last Co-optional Podcast, where I first heard of it: http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit/b/502599014
Chinese food to go, $16.89,
Gas to drive and pick it up, $1.68,
Getting home and realizing they forgot one of the boxes..
Riceless.

Im gonna buy a Batman suit and hang it in my closet, just to duck with myself if I get alzheimers.

I'm home, take me drunk...

Phantasy
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Raphael
Main's Name:
Teamspeak Username: Phantásy

14 Feb 2014, 10:11

I believe purchasing the game is $60 and the subscription fee (paid monthly) is $15.