Founder
Main's Name:
Main's Profession: -
Main's Race: -
Teamspeak Username: Filip

tsh tsh Funcom...

10 Jul 2008, 23:01

Look at this from the patch notes....

Fixed an issue that caused shielding bonus to be incorrectly calculated, giving much more damage reduction while wearing a shield than intended.

Roughly guessing it is a 30-40% damage boost to melees(both players and mobs).....

Which is funny when you consider all the balance tweeks that have been done with an error.....

So they will now rebalance?

and.... how can we tank epic mobs now?

could it be that it is a stealth boost to melees?

really getting close to unsubscribing due to the feeling i have that Funcom just are plainly incompetent...

Evil
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

11 Jul 2008, 11:21

The more bugs, exploits and randomness i find in the game, the more bored i become. The less reward i get from playing the game as they want me to, the more bored i become.

Fkin pull all servers down, send everyone their money back, and reamp this game to a 3realm one and try again. Oh yeah and hire a few of them old daoc guys who got fired just before ToA release, THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING! QQ

Odies
First name: Lars
Main's Name: Llws
Main's Profession: Mesmer
Main's Race: Human
Teamspeak Username: Llws

11 Jul 2008, 13:14

Seems like a not so subtle boost to meleers yeah, for now I think we can survive it through a bit more careful positioning and healers focusing a bit more on helping each other out in pvp. But yeah, I agree that the patches seem random and lack any kind of overall design. They've patched necros for a month now and they're barely any better off than when they started. They still have about half a year to sort it out before WAR launches but I've completely lost faith in their ability to add pvp incentives and decent balance in that timeframe.

Filip
Founder
Founder
Main's Name:

11 Jul 2008, 21:36

As ToS is the weakest of the healers defensive wise i think they are waste of a group spot vs good melee groups.

I died a lot before the patch but it was ok. because of the damage i still was able to dish out, but now it is just not worth it anymore. I will retire my ToS untill next patch.

the 30-40% more damage just is a tipping point that destroys ToS in Top group vs group .. i guess in 1v1 they are still uber vs most classes.

Fin
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

11 Jul 2008, 22:14

game is like 2 months old? ish?

u need to think f.ex daoc for 1st 2 months, was it as bug free as this?

ofc i can understand that after wow there r millions of players testing games etc and peeps demand better stuff right at the beginning.

i play these games to kill time, have fun, who cares if ther r few bugs on way, its ok, i show up in game for raids etc, to have fun, so what if the mobs r little buggy main thing that there r loads of peeps in guild who wanna do something else than waiting.

as last raid days shown, we r 2 few to do even some different things than waiting, 20-24 guys in kyllikki raid 1-2 times a week aint much to ask though.

as u cant think how buggy / shitty / boring your char is to u solo, just how fun it is to "moan" it with 23 other guys =)

so waiting game is boring so lets spent the time with some funny stuff rather than sitting our asses to swettu reading patch notes =)

Filip
Founder
Founder
Main's Name:

12 Jul 2008, 07:49

Well Fin, i play these games for PvP. And when my class is unsuitable for what i like to play i dont play.

I just wait for a patch that will fix it. or log in from time to time an lvl some alt.

As you can see the following quote it is not just me: taken from the forums(with a lot of BS on them i know)

I have a lvl 80 tempest, and i have a necromancer.
My necro is more sturdy than my tempest. Is it supposed to be this way? Should be a reason we have a shield in our hands to be honest. My necro is superior to tempest in every way, even in survivability. More sturdy, more damage, more utility. It is even able to heal (its pets) lol. But tempest became a real sucker.

Anyway i guess it was expected because ToS is so Imba in 1v1

Odies
First name: Lars
Main's Name: Llws
Main's Profession: Mesmer
Main's Race: Human
Teamspeak Username: Llws

12 Jul 2008, 08:44

In the latest Letter from the game director he writes that he expects the pvp patch to come out in early august, so at the very least another month to go.