Community Member
First name: Anders
Main's Name:
Main's Profession: Warrior
Main's Race: Norn
Teamspeak Username: Tugie

Guardian specs

09 Jul 2008, 01:00

Was recently asked how to spec a deffensive and offensive Guardian.

First id like to say that I have respecced MANY times and tryed out many different specs to see how it all work, to be as op as possible, and here is my humble opinion about a good PvE tank spec and a good PvP dps spec.

Deffensive PvE spec ( What I have atm )

http://feats.goonheim.com/guardian#ab4d ... klmnopstvx:

Offensive PvP spec ( Used to have )

http://feats.goonheim.com/guardian#abcg ... mnoprsuw:c

-Svendemir

Filip
Founder
Founder
Main's Name:
Main's Profession: -
Main's Race: -
Teamspeak Username: Filip

09 Jul 2008, 06:32

Just out of curiosity.

Hwy not this PvP build?
http://feats.goonheim.com/guardian#abci ... noprstuvwx:

It is almost the same and you get Juggernaut as well?

But i dont have a guard so i might be a sux spec.

Draylor
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

09 Jul 2008, 09:49

+dmg rather than improved counter strike? Hmmmmmm, not what Id have done.

Tuglim
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

09 Jul 2008, 11:12

Filip, the stun on strike and guard is pretty wierd its very rare that it actually stuns in pvp and the dmg isent really that great, juggernaut tho would be awsome to have, but you need to spend 11 points to get it, and my guardian take alot of beatings in pvp when I charge in, so thought id use some of the 11 points on resists etc. insted.

Draylor, I have had counterstrike spec twice. It was nice having while leveling to 80, but as level 80 its not really useable anymore imo. It takes way to much time to preform ( during this time u might loose aggro if u dont keep up the taunt/dmg styles ) and way to much end imo. +dmg = more taunt.

This aint leveling spec its level 80 specs.

Draylor
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

09 Jul 2008, 12:35

Tuglim wrote:
+dmg = more taunt.
Right, my thinking exactly: and 'free' damage from counter strike while you continue with other combos/taunts until it needs to be reapplied smells like a decent easy way of maintaining aggro to me.

Youve plenty of time between cooldowns of the actual +taunt combos to do something: counter strike smells to me like by far the most useful thing to be using, both from an aggro and a damage output perspective.

Tuglim
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

09 Jul 2008, 17:21

With the rotation I run, I dont have time, using strike and guard for suviveability and overreach for dps and taunt aswell. Also mobs are often CC'ed wich means counterstrike dont do any dmg, but im not saying my spec is the best, I just prefer it without CS combo's : )

Draylor
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

09 Jul 2008, 17:30

Right, but ...

Ive seen you use Overreach before, and wondered why since just now its basically worthless. Since they 'fixed' it the damage bonus it gives is tiny, and most of that is lost on the damage penalty you suffer over the next few swings.

So since overreach is (imho at least) worthless, Id dump that and use CS instead. Hitting the mob as often as possible is good :)

Tuglim
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

09 Jul 2008, 22:45

You're right, its not what it used to be, but it still deals 2k dam, without crit in deffensive stance, thats more then any other combo I got, and I really cant see myself in any situation where it would have ben good to have CS : )

Epic dungeons mobs dies to fast, after I taunted a few times they are dead anyway. Raid dungeons Im always tanking caster mobs, no use for cs there, and im kiting the boss, no use there, PvP.. no use hehe : )

Anyway next time im respeccing im going Polearm, seen alot of whine posts of ppl getting one shotted by pole users in pvp : )