Founder
Founder
Main's Name:
Main's Profession: -
Main's Race: -
Teamspeak Username: Filip

PvP in Mini games

06 Jul 2008, 09:47

Stuck here in the Southern Jutland (in Denmark), I thought i migth as well put down some of the experiences from the PvP mini games.

First all, this is meant to ideas vs the guild groups. Random teams are so easy to beat that i dont even bother to descripe it.

But vs guild groups.

First of all.
We need all to be lvl 80.

Sux, but thats how it is. We lost 4-5 times to the Avatars not becuase our setup was bad or we did especially worse than them (both teams fucked up their assist during the figths)
But becuase only 3 of the group were lvl 80..

We need all to assist.

Vs a group with 3 types of healers you have to break through 3 x 64 HP regen a sec.. Add a healing potion to that + normal HP regen you have to kill 250+ HP regen a sec..

There is NO 1 !!! who can kill any1 !!!! unless they assist...
Unless you can deal out 4000+ damamge in 1 shot then you need to assist. What normally happens is that 2-3 assists on a target and the HP goes slowly downwards... and then a healer (either us or them) fire a Jolt/CC/WTFPWNSOMTHING and the assisting stops.

When ppl die it is normally becuase of some of the assisting people get a crit.

Hence....

assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist assist

The F-Key is not realiable ... it sometimes give you the target of your target... but only in 7 out of 10 times.. Hence Use TS to call out the targets. You dont need a main damage dealer to be the caller of targets, but you nee some1 who is really easy to understand on TS..

Group setup:

Groups with 1 healer of each 3 classes is the best... periode...

Groups with a conq, are good becuase of combat res.

Groups with 6 different classes are better than groups with 5 different classes. Exceptions migth if you have a HoX nr2 HoX would be just as good as having a Barb..... But they are rare and you get my drift i bet...

Groups with NO assasins are better...

Food/Drink/Pots/Gear..

Guys if you have respect for your fellow guildies you

ALLWAYS use food//Drinks before PvP
ALLWAYS have/use pots on you in PvP

If your melee you should have good weapons
If your a soft target you have HP on your gear.

I still remember from DAOC a cleric named Ziphnor who really wanted to PvP with us. And we often needed clerics. But we could not understand why he died so fast..

Untill we found out that he didnt have his epic gear, he had green armor, because he thougth the epic was to boring to do.
Plainly speaking that is disrespect for your fellow guildies... they will loose figths becuase of you, if you have an attitude like that.

So, have decent gear remember Pots etc... you dont need to be a Gear Ho at all... just be aware of this.

It seems atm that the best gear is crafted Tier3 gear

Voice Com.

Use Voice com!!! ... there is no excuse for not being able to listen to Voice com....... and tbh... just go buy that dam Mirc...

Bust damage vs More damage overtime.

In My oppinion the specs/combos/spells that gives the largest possible burst damage is the best. This is due to the nature of heals in AOC.

Even i DAOC i think Frontload damage was the best. Even if you can do massive damamge for the next 10-15 sec.. then Frontload damage is still better...

On a more general note.

For groups with only 2 healers the first target should ALLWAYS be a healer...

For groups with 3 healers it is more tricky, if some silly meleer charge us outside the heal range of his healers he should be focused and dead...

But even if it is within the range of the 3 enemy healers it seems at times it is easyere to kill the mage/ranger of the enemy team than killing the healer.. but it all depends on the situation. The MAIN issue is that the HB team can ASSIST ... did i mention assist?

Talrasha
ESO Member
ESO Member
First name: Francois
Main's Name: MissTaek
Main's Profession: Warrior
Main's Race: Norn
Teamspeak Username: Talrasha

06 Jul 2008, 10:57

Nice post Filip, could agree more about the assist

/tal

Talrasha
ESO Member
ESO Member
First name: Francois
Main's Name: MissTaek
Teamspeak Username: Talrasha

06 Jul 2008, 11:09

On a side note Filip, I think there is one thing we haven t tried yet.
Burn the Mana from ennemy Healers. I read somewhere that Necro are good at draining mana, HOX can do it also, ..and may be other classes ?

/Tal

Evil
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

06 Jul 2008, 17:49

Iam a melee with shit weps! Even tho ive been on 50+ raids :P

i still have 2x green weapons on my conq. Nothing i can do to change it anymore, only seen one blade, and some random non guildie won it even tho we were a guild grp...

Good post though

Link
Main's Name:
Teamspeak Username: mangrey

06 Jul 2008, 17:50

Where in south jutland ? are you filip:)
Knows as:

Link The Witch Hunter
Mangrey The Warrior Priest
Shanar KoTBS
Seviel
Feroz The Arch Mage
Mangslayer (guess what :D)

Exinferis wrote: Once you go red and black, you'll never go back!

Link
Main's Name:
Teamspeak Username: mangrey

06 Jul 2008, 18:14

The DT can Spec to Burn and damage that amount of damage they burn
Knows as:

Link The Witch Hunter

Mangrey The Warrior Priest

Shanar KoTBS

Seviel

Feroz The Arch Mage

Mangslayer (guess what :D)

Exinferis wrote: Once you go red and black, you'll never go back!

Sarsur
Community Member
Community Member
Main's Name:

08 Jul 2008, 13:45

About the mana.... if i pop my Armor of Faith(if melle on me) ill go oom pretty fast, healing and doing cc...... mana pot solves this...... you need some serious draining to drain healers as mana regen is pretty high and heals are pretty low cost drink 1 potion and u can cast a heal evry 2sec anyway.

My experience is pretty wierd cuz when ive been doing pvp there has been 2more healers and the other team has pretty much left me alone.. even in the guild matches ive been left alone to do my thing from enemies...

what ive found giving me best and group best results has been massive cc to enemy casters nuking from afar..Demos are my 1st prio to cc as they hurt us bad very bad like uriel and darkvenious both hurt like hell but 1stun 1fear and they are out for maby 10sec then i storm in and knockback after he gets in a nuke about then my cc timers are close to getting up again

also storming in doing my ae stun and cone blast to help finish of the last 20% pretty nice to do as pom rebuke+the cone blast(forgotname) is about 1500dmg more if critting and both take less than 1sec to cast

dont forget PoMs also have a 50% area snare that last 15sec and ive been using it against barbs going for filip :) Tiea has been running very slowly lately :) its a 3sec cast but really efective..

Armor of Faith makes me laugh at barbs unles he crits twice in row and then i have my big heal anyway or either my stun or fear is up, solo barb is np for me.... tbh im happy when i see 3 melle on me cuz then i know we are gonna win :) i could easy get away but i hold a few sec to make our caster nuke as we have quite a few demos wich are aoe dmg dealers on evry spell.

Bah didnt intend this to be a text wall, anyway in short this decribes my actions as PoM in mini game PvP id love to see chess/whiites/lochs comments or adding to this :)
Sarsur minstrel
Sars PoM
Acrfter warrior
Sars rogue
Priet priest

Lochnar
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Daniel
Main's Name:
Teamspeak Username: Darmas

08 Jul 2008, 14:07

i will need to respec since ive gone alot of points on some skills that i dont use coz they suck!

But i allways have enough mana (unless ressed!) but pots or the mass mana regen buff gets me up in no time!

i normaly start off with following enemie and use the known GTaoe snare, awsome spell.... using it to save filip, well we dont like him but its a good idea. ill keep that one in mind.

i then go after our tank, cast the cone heal, use a CC or two... follow enemies assist train, cone heal their target.

then i start assisting MA.
i redo this after 20 secs.
Lochnar / Darmas Herfølge Boldklub.

Tuglim
Community Member
Community Member
First name: Anders
Main's Name:
Teamspeak Username: Tugie

09 Jul 2008, 00:35

There is NO 1 !!! who can kill any1 !!!! unless they assist...

I have 1 combo killed severel casters even with PvE spec, and won a 2vME fight while being nude ! But no doubt assisting is best, me and Talrasha on same target and they blow up in seconds :twisted: But in the heat of the battle and without a decent working assist macro and severel ppl shouting different targets on TS its kinda confusing. : )

-Svendemir